Contribute to this blog
- Free Grants Writing Workshops - Learn to write a good grant application for your school, club or community organisation.
Posted on 02 Oct 2012 at 12:30pm
- Should I leave my heat pump on all night? - Is it more efficient to keep a heat pump on all night, or just turn it on when you get up in the morning? Chris Harries explains how to use your heat pump to best effect.
Posted on 25 Jul 2012 at 1:58pm
- National Geographic Green Guide Quizzes - Are you an eco-whiz? Test your knowledge with this series of quizzes from National Geographic.
Posted on 31 May 2012 at 2:57pm
- Carbon farming challenge: trees give a carbon income - This series of case-studies aim to make sense of what the carbon price and the Carbon Farming Initiative mean for farm related businesses.
Posted on 30 May 2012 at 12:43pm
- Increasing residential building energy efficiency through building redesign - Find out how dwellings could be redesigned with minimal changes and cost to increase their thermal performance.
Posted on 30 May 2012 at 12:32pm
- State of the Climate 2012 report - The BoM and CSIRO have released a new paper summarising observations and analysis on Australia's climate.
Posted on 23 Apr 2012 at 4:38pm
- Low Carbon Competitiveness Index - See how The Climate Institute rates Australia's competitiveness in a low carbon world.
Posted on 19 Mar 2012 at 10:46am
- TCAC member Paul Gilding's TED talk - Tasmanian Climate Action Council member Paul Gilding talks about "the overloading of planet earth" and his optimism for building a happier and stronger society.
Posted on 02 Mar 2012 at 12:16pm
- Environmental benefits of motorcycle commuting - Could switching to motorcycles reduce our emissions? New research from Belgium suggests it might.
Posted on 16 Feb 2012 at 4:58pm
- 131 years of global warming in 26 seconds - A 26-second video from NASA depicts how temperatures around the globe have warmed since 1880. That year is what scientists call the beginning of the “modern record.”
Posted on 30 Jan 2012 at 9:50am
- Solar funds for Tassie schools - Fifteen Tasmanian schools will receive funding to install solar panels and other renewable energy technology.
Posted on 25 Jan 2012 at 11:13am
- Four ways to look at global carbon footprints - A fascinating way to compare the relative carbon footprints of the twelve nations that produce 80 per cent of the world's emissions.
Posted on 03 Nov 2011 at 1:05pm
- Energy Efficiency Information Grants - Contribute to the detailed design of a $40m Australian Government grants program to help deliver information to small and medium enterprises and the community sector on how to reduce energy costs.
Posted on 03 Nov 2011 at 12:59pm
- Confused by the carbon tax? - Check out this two-minute explanatory video clip produced by Get Up!
Posted on 13 Jul 2011 at 10:56am
- Cape Grim Greenhouse Gas Data - The latest greenhouse gas data updated monthly from one of the cleanest air sources in the world.
Posted on 22 Jun 2011 at 11:18am
- Biofuels for aviation - A new CSIRO report predicts that over the next 20 years a new, sustainable, Australia-New Zealand aviation fuels industry could cut greenhouse gas emissions by 17 per cent, generate more than 12,000 jobs and reduce Australia's reliance on aviation fuel imports by $2 billion per annum.
Posted on 07 Jun 2011 at 11:14am
- Dr Edward Hall Environment Grants - Applications for grants for the 2011/2012 Dr Edward Hall Environment Grants are now being accepted. The application period closes at 5pm on 15 July 2011.
Posted on 07 Jun 2011 at 11:04am
- New Fulbright Climate Change Scholarship - Fulbright scholarships are open to Australian citizens to undertake research or study in the United States for 3 - 12 months.
Posted on 06 Jun 2011 at 3:47pm
- Ocean acidification - One of the lesser known effects of climate change is the acidification of our oceans. Find out more...
Posted on 03 Jun 2011 at 9:43am
- Become an accredited carbon accountant - The Tasmanian Polytechnic is offering an accredited training course on carbon accounting. See their site for more detail.
Posted on 11 May 2011 at 2:46pm
Previous | Next